During the training, students will be helped to become aware of, review and improve their skills in structuring and mastering academic language for scientific writing.
- Selecting academic vocabulary.
- Identifying the micro and macro-structures of the essay.
- Enhancing skills for the development of academic writing on real assumptions, group and individual practical exercises.
- Guidance and supervision by the trainer in these individual tasks that can be handed in or published, in the academic subject chosen by the student.
Structural, syntactic, grammatical and lexical aspects related to the development of essays and/or scientific articles within the Western Academy.
- Preliminary annotations, differences and similarities in the Western educational context.
- Before we start: the personal approach to the subject matter and critical thinking.
- Organisation of the elaboration of scientific popularisation work: time and means.
- Vocabulary and sections of the academic essay.
- Proofreading and editing.
Dates for the training
From 16 until 27 May 2022.
The group sessions will take place from 17:00 to 18:30 (Spanish peninsular time).
Individual tutoring per week from 18:30 to 20:00 (Spanish mainland time).
Language of instruction
Prof. Luz González Vinuesa. Linguistics and English Language BA (Hons), Postg Certificate in Education (PGCE), Master in Intercultural Communication (MA). PhD candidate at the Department of Applied Linguistics of the University of Seville. Research Group JULIETTA on Natural Language Processing and Computational Language of the University of Seville. Lecture in Discourse Analysis. Lecture in Hispanic Studies. Cambridge.
Evaluation and diploma
Assessment will be continuous and will require the submission of a 600-word final essay.
Completing this course will give them the right to obtain the Diploma of the training and teaching innovation course ‘Structures and other strategies in academic writing in the Anglo-Saxon sphere’ issued by the Compostela Group of Universities.